Saturday 16 August 2008

Freakin' almost lost my phone!

Have you ever accidentally left your mobile phone at the top of the car and then just drove off without realising it? Uh huh...I did just a few moments ago and it drove (literally) me freakin' nuts searching for it! If it had not been for my phone carry case, my mobile phone would definitely had been dis-figured! See damaged casing..

After 1 hour 40 minutes of driving, trying to recall and tracing my way back to the stadium tennis courts, I finally found my mobile phone intact in its casing lying beside the road. I was so happy and relieved and said a little prayer, thanking God that I found it.


Coz its surely a painful loss not only in a financial Cents (sense), but also the 1k plus name & addresses, calendar appointments, etc. (data loss) and not to forget also, the hassle to report to the police before I could get my new mobile number from the Mobile Service Provider (inconvenience).


So folks, here is some valuable hints for you Mobile phone users out there:

1) Always have a protective adequately padded carry case to safe guard your phone from hits, drops, nudges, dings and in my case, a flying mobile phone.
2) Always secure your mobile phone with a password to protect your data from unwanted intruder/thieves/others.
3) Relating to number 2) also, always backup your data from your phone just in case you totally lost your phone.
4) Always keep your IMEI number handy and in a safe place you can remember. IMEI is Short for International Mobile Equipment Identity, a unique number given to every single mobile phone, typically found behind the battery. When a phone is reported stolen or is not type approved, the number is marked invalid and therefore the Mobile service provider can trace the mobile phone provided that the phone is reported lost or stolen to the police.
5) Be sure to return the phone profile to General when other quieter profile is chosen as this will help in searching for your lost/misplaced phone.
6) Lastly but not least, always check the top of your car before you drive off to avoid any flying mobile phones!

The above health & safety hints are meant to avoid any painful, stressful, sad and maddening feeling of phone losses and is only intended as a guideline and help only. I hope I have not missed out anything. If otherwise, I would be more than happy to hear more helpful advises to add to the above. Thank you for reading and "Selamat Mencoba!"

No comments: