Saturday 30 August 2008

The Speed of light?

Yesterday, I was drafting an email and the intention was to keep it in draft form until the right time to send it. Unfortunately after I was done, I immediately clicked the "send" button. When I realised what I had done, especially when my internet connection is pretty fast in the office, I went to super duper speed mode where Superman would have been quietly envious, jumped out from my comfortable chair (which is a feat on its own), switched off the wireless button, pressed the hard shutdown button of my puny notebook and pulled out my networking cables just in case.

After a few minutes of recovering from the adrenalin rush, I slowly started to switch my computer back on, making sure the connection to the internet via the cables and the wireless is not connected/switched off, opened up my outlook programme, fear creeping in my mind on the possibility of not being able to stop the email from going through on time.....Lo' and behold! my email was registered in the Draft folder!!! Rechecked my sent lists, nope it was not sent. A smile crept to my relieved face as I could not as yet believe what I had just done?!?! I just outran a computer connected to the internet by wireless and also network cables and possibly by mere nanoseconds beating it to send my email through!?!?! Isn't that just incredible?

1 comment:

Gadgetski said...

Stupifying.
Super fwassst!