Wednesday 27 February 2008

Another Wednesday....

Groan....sigh...another day at the office. Somehow I dread Wednesday nowadays. It just feels so long! Probably its just close to the end of the month, whom unlike others who probably be doing a jig at this time with "gaji keluar!", it the opposite for me. Out comes the bills, the ponderous moments of balancing payments, payout salaries for my pool of staff, my office rent, doing claims (oh those horrible moments when some customers will "harass" you with questions of "adakan" or "nantitah", "pay you by the end of the month", or maybe even "err sorry, I was taken away by aliens and just got sent back to earth, can I sort it out with you later?" jargons), let alone my own personal bills. Such a drag. Oh well what must be done must be done and accountable for. Gah!

Wednesday is the middle of the week where you feel that the weekend is still far ahead, and that you have just recovered from the activities of the previous weekend. This is where you feel that piles of work gets dumped onto your table where each and every work requires an URGENT request! And yet we humans plod on systematically sorting out the priorities and skipping the less urgent ones. Sheeeah right! Where in the world is requests never URGENT? Its all URGENT! (laughing to myself alone like a lunatic in my "big" office).

Wednesday is the day I don't have lunch with my family and will work straight till 3pm where I will rush to pick up my daughter from her Ugama school and send her to her ballet classes. I can almost bet something with come up today which usually happens especially when you have alot of office work to do. A knock on my door and my senior staff will enter and say, "Err Sir....you have an appointment with this bloke today and its URGENT. But cant you just go to the meeting? He personally requested for you to come to the meeting". Yeah that request squashes my work timings.

Nah...banar! (as I spoke my mind aloud). True enough, my staff just gave a knock on the door whilst I was typing the very last part of the last paragraph..Ironic isnt it?

Anyway, I will have to leave it at this then....gotto go and have my meeting and find out what the client wants...... sheeesh...Wednesday!

No comments: