Thursday 12 July 2007

Blurrr in the morning.....

Have you ever sat down on your comfortable executive leather chair in front of your huge desk piled with papers awaiting your signature and quotations and claims to be done, your computer switched on with windows on your email outlook and another window opened up to your blog site, another onto your football site, another window on your MSN Messenger, Yahoo messenger, and your skype, and yet....you don't know where to begin this morning?

There must be a jump start or a launch button somewhere nearby to get me into action. Where is this mood coming from? The long holidays starting since Saturday 14th July 2007 till Monday was not alot of help...as I laze about in my office thinking what to do next. I dread the phone calls on my mobile this morning, and yet I'm also worried that my phone call has not rang even once as yet. Its already 9:15am. Wonder if there is nothing wrong with my mobile...yep its still working, I just called my office to test it, and the battery is still 3 bars.

Could something have happened during last weekend that I didnt know about? Or some deals were struck when I refused to answer any calls during my much needed rest? And yet, I'm still not bothered. Okay, maybe a little.... I refuse to be slaved by a phone call during my much needed weekend as I believe that no matter how much you work, you still need your rest... Its not like I'm growing any much younger and and healthier. I leave all those dynamism, charismatic, work hard watchamacallit to the younger generation staff of mine to impress me. Closing up to 40, I have managed to inherit high blood pressure, alot of stress and unnecessary weight. Although they are under control, I still have to coax my friends to play tennis every now and again to get some sweat and stress relieve out during the week. I was a very fit man during my younger years swimming 30-50 laps of the 50meter pool without stopping, playing tennis three times a week, an odd game or two of ping pong, a team game of softball every weekend....those were the days. Alas, I can't even get 1 lap of the 50 meter pool without panting hard, or playing tennis doubles without a 15 minute break in between. Pathetic! Tried jogging, but I'm not very fond of it as I feel its not competitive sports enough to enjoy it. I like the taste of victory or the victim of defeat in the end. But swimming is close enough to jogging though in terms of self achievement, plus it saves yer knees...especially when overweight is an issue.

......Shucks my mobile phone rings and its a wrong number. Who the heck is this Poo Ling bloke people keep calling for? It has come to the point where I ask them if they have checked the number they dialled was correct or not, coz its annoying when someone starts with a rude "Hello!! Poo Ling!!" in a commanding tone of voice. Whats even more annoying is this malay character trying to sound in a chinese accent "why you no answer my phone ahh? Many tymes I call ah..you dont pick up oh". Hiya.... it has come to a point where I just answer with a broken chinese accent "Hiya ini sala nomor ah...sayaa bukan Poo Ling oh..", or I just reply in clear and concise respectful malay lingo and the other end hangs up the phone without even courteously saying sorry. Gosh the nerve of some fellow, so rude!!!

Its 9:30am, crap...either the clients don't need my help or have a solution for it. Hmm...this blogging sure does help to get you started for the day.... Gotto stop for now, already in the mood to start the day, got something to do..until next time, please do tune in at bobawang@blogspot.com, your other favourite channel. Hehehe

No comments: