Thursday 2 October 2008

1st Day of Hari Raya

Early plans the night before had me going for my Hari Raya Prayers at the Jame Asr Mosque in Kiulap rather than at Serusop Mosque. The Mrs & daughter were heading to Katy Chai Salon at the same time to do some hair raising designs for the festive day. This year we usually take turns and decided to pay my part of the family a first visit before anything else plus also to check upon their preparations for the first day of Hari Raya before heading to my in-laws house after that.

Not feeling too well my family and I, we also decided against visiting our relatives in Tutong which we usually do every year on that first day. Maybe when we are well enough, we might go off to visit them tomorrow or after that. Eventually, we ended up going home and had a much needed rest and tried to sleep it off. I guess its the shock of having to restrain from eating for a month to the extravagant display of delicious servings got us pretty bloated and not feeling too good after that despite refraining from eating rice.

I have a good mind to fast the next six days starting tomorrow to try and reduce such temptations and try to slowly get into the stride of eating smartly. The six days of fasting or 'puasa enam' during the Syawal month is not obligatory to Muslims, but in a way it is meant to try to perfect one's fasting month in Ramadhan. Hmm..that itself might be pretty interesting to blog. Well, we will see.

Better head into bed early today, tomorrow is yet another day.....

No comments: