Sunday 5 October 2008

Losing weight whilst still eating regularly?

3 days into Hari Raya and despite the absolutely delicious food being served at every Hari Raya open houses we have visited (not that we have visited many),it seems that I've actually lost weight!?! Having read many ways on how to lose weight/how to have a toned body and all, I remembered a few articles mentioning not to diet totally but to set yourself to having to eat as regularly as possible but in small portions. Now the reason for this according to "diet experts" is that when dieting, our body metabolism tends to slow down dramatically as it begin to store energy and begins to run on hibernate mode albeit our slower reaction & thinking processes. On the other hand, by regularly eating but in small portions in the day, our metabolism tends to be more active and therefore our faster reaction and thinking processes.
I guess I can relate to that theory as it seems to make me more responsive and I could feel my body heaty nowadays compared to the time when I fast. No wonder during the fasting month, despite jacking the office temperature up to 24-25 degrees celsius, I kept complaining on feeling chilly. Anyways, I have also toned down on my regular intake of carbohydrates and starchy food such as rice, potatoes, chips and bread and replaced it with more vegetables and white meat and probably that had helped as well.
But I have to be honest, there is also a craving to eat rice because I have been brought up with it all my life. But I will try to limit myself to eating it as much as I can. Funnily enough, the last week of my fasting month, I was craving to eat anything with noodles. I will have to check the weight scales again just to prove this theory really works!
I haven't as yet started my 6 days post fasting in the month of Syawal, but I plan to do it tomorrow during the normal working days. *Groan*...working day...ish.. but at least I am looking forward to get back to my normal sport activites in tennis pretty soon. My tennis buddies are already hinting on their cravings to wack the balls!

No comments: