Thursday 30 October 2008

Spiritual Realisation.

Sometimes when things goes wrong and messy and even intolerable at times and despite having a strong mind to blank out, it just needed someone special to remind you that there is a One and Only Other that will ease the pain and suffering at least to bear or release some burden. For me, that special one was my wife who "nudged" me to look for answers to God.
I guess sometimes, the denial to admit my mistakes/decisions, there is always that one point of weakness that I overlooked, be it just by nature that we are stubborn to realise that fact or too downright bothered by other factors in life that we fail to realise the obvious, and it just needed that touch of a reminder that we are only humans after all and that life is a mixture of pain and pleasure which is a God Given virtue, then we learn from our mistakes and embrace tests and rewards handed down to us. I know it sounds kindda awkward to my norm, but sometimes we have to realise humility in order to be able to see what we have not seen in the first place.
I have to admit that I am not a pious person, but now I realise that whatever we do in life, or however we choose to live it, our decisions, our livelihood, our well being, God has a hand in everything. No matter how hard we work or the reverse, how much we calculate and decide upon, what we choose, or how we choose to live, the many consultants to advice you, I believe that we also need Spiritual guidance as well to balance our lives.
I felt a peace of mind after a very long time, and somehow my problems didn't seem to bother me as much as it did earlier on. A sense of realisation enveloped my thoughts and somehow it opened up my thinking to things I have not realised previously. An answer to my many questions!
Its not right to pray to God only when we have trouble, but I believe that we should always pray to seek guidance and advise from Him because it is only from Him that we exist and only from Him that we return. To acknowledge and declare His existence must also be accompanied by remembering Him by doing our sustenance of prayers as He will also remember us by our asking for help.