Tuesday 21 October 2008

The Art of Writing

Mont Blanc is well known for its writing instruments, some of which are rare, collectibles and very expensive! They seem to increase in price every year much like the Rolexes. I have the privilege to own a few expensive ones for a "Normal" layman which were gifts from a good friend, and two from companies I associate with. I myself would not have splashed out any more than $150 for such a pen and probably the most expensive pen I have ever purchased in the Mont Blanc line was a black resin and a maroon resin ball pointed pen which is no longer in my possession, as it has gone lost and never came back. Talking about writing, I used to write when I was younger, be it writing my diary or for the fun of writing. Not that I am any good at writing though...even if I had won an essay writing competition just once during my younger years at lower secondary in SOAS college. Nowadays, writing is more like a classy hobby for those who has time. I know I don't have the time to write anymore, and I'm happy enough to type away in my blog that is if I have the itsy bitsy time for a minute or two.

An all silver (plated?) roller ball Mont Blanc pen given to me as a gift from a rich friend for my birthday during my University years in the US.






A free gift from Standard Chartered Bank for my credit card application. Apparently its a limited edition (special edition) Mont Blanc ball point pen dedicated to a World reknown Violinist Yehudi Menuhin.





A Mont Blanc "Floating Star" Edition fountain pen which I use regularly to sign documents etc. It was a gift from a friend at Dell Computers. Notice the star on top of the pen in which seems to float in mid air?

No comments: