Wednesday 29 August 2007

Precision Tools of Mass Destruction.

Tools that is in my possession to utterly destroy the competition.... (tah karang!!)

Table Tennis/Ping Pong


Blade - Schlager Carbon Proline five-ply with thick Balsa center core followed by two layers of carbon and topped off with Hinoki outer plies.

Red Rubber - Bryce 2.1mm with rating of speed @ 12 and spin @ 9.5, Density 35

Black Rubber - Bryce 2.1mm with rating of speed @ 12 and spin @ 9.5, Density 35

Rubber Rating : 495
Combination Power Rating: 990

Balls - Nitakku 40mm *** star speed rating

Bag - Viper Tour Case with heavy duty double racket cases with plastic insert & side storage pouch. Extra storage pouch inside. Holds two rackets & four balls.

Comment: This combination of rubber and blade is for power loopers who whack the ping pong balls to oblivion. Allows super fiaast forehand as well as attacking backhand. "Able to leap high building in one single bound" - taken from Superman the movie. Not easy to get used to at first due to its extreme rebound and fair control, but once you get the hang of it, it instills confidence and Power provided that your stamina is up to it. It doesn't get much faster then this! The same combination used by the 2003 World Champion, Austrian Werner Schlager.

Tennis

Racket - Wilson [K] Six.One Tour. Headsize: 90", Strung Weight: 12.5oz, Length: 27", String Pattern: 16 X 19, Strung Balance: 9 pts. HL, 17mm flat beam.

Strings - Wilson NXT Tour 17 gauge Strings (Next closest thing to Natural Gut) - restrung at 68lbs (overstrung from recommended 50-60lbs as per racket indication suggests)

Grip Size - 4 3/8

Grip - Wilson Pro OverGrip (White)

Bag - Black Wilson [K] Pro Tour Super Six. Includes Removable Waterproof bag for wet clothes or shoes, Plush Shoulder strap and 2nd end carry handle, Thermoguard, moistureguard and extra center compartments.

Comment: Needed to get a replacement for my aging 16 years old Wilsons' Prostaff 6.1 rackets previously used by former tennis legend Stefan Edberg after picking up the game earlier this year after a 7 year sabbatical. Thanks for inviting me to play again Din & boy! Due to my heavy top spin ground strokes and my aggressive play nature, I needed a thin racket head, so I opt for the same model albeit nowadays replaced with strange materials unknown to me. Karophite Black? Nano Technology? Hey bring it on man. Due to its expensive cost, I opt to buy just one. Gone are the days when real good tennis rackets cost around the S$170 figure, this one cost a walloping 284 buckaroos! The whole enchilada cost me a whooping 434 bucks together with the new bag, the overgrip, the strings and the service to restring the new racket. Only been able to play with the racket just once since I bought it due to my back minor ops, but 1st impression was unbelievable control and incredible power! Hey Roger Federer, you da man! man... No wonder youre the world's no 1 tennis player! You got my support there...

Golf

Driver - Taylor Made Burner (TP) 460cc Driver with RE-AX SuperFast 65 Graphite Stiff Flex

Fairway Wood - Taylor Made Hybrid 3W Rescue Wood, with RE-AX SuperFast 65 Graphite Stiff Flex

Irons - Callaway X-Forged Irons 3-PW, Project-X Steel Shaft, 6.5 Flex

Wedges - Callaway Forged X-Tour Series Wedges Satin Chrome 52 & 56 degrees X-Tour Steel shaft. Callaway Forged X-Tour PM Wedge Satin Chrome 60 degrees X-Tour Steel Shaft.

Putter - Odyssey Black Series Milled Blade Putter, 33" length.

Golf Bag - My Old Honma 9.5" Tour Bag

Comments: These are my new guns to replace my old 18 years old Taylor Made burner set, driver, 3W, 5W, Iron Burners #3-9, PW, SW and Zebra Mallet Putter. Fed up already with my uncles, cousins and buddies laughing at my old equipment plus my golf game sucks so bad! I thought that it would be nice for a change and try to get my handicap down to a less embarrassing 100 or so down. Officially I'm handicapped 24, but I'm playing 48 right now. Yeah yeah yeah laugh on , laugh on. I don't think I will make it down to my college days handicap of 9 12 years ago, but then again I was playing everyday then and my current status of golf play is on and off every few years and when invited. I don't want to win a box of golf balls again for being the most active player for the tournament. So I did this. Eliminate all possibilities of excuses and get myself a good set to start up again. This time its me and my game, no more excuses provided that I have the time to play the "Gentleman's game"(duuuh....minus the laughing and humiliations involved) - Karang kamu! Tunggu ku steadi! Grrrrrrrr.......Hehehe!

All I have to do now is try to remember to look down and follow through, remember the basics and walla....a good ball up in the air....NOT!!!

Beloney, I'm so crap in this game I just don't know how to play it anymore. Its so frustrating and yet my desire to at least cut down my swinging action and loss of balls could at least get me to breathe less. Its more stressful than my work I tell you at this moment in time!

Anyway, as I always believe I will not give up easily and hopefully things will go for the better. Remember like its riding a bicycle, the basics is still somewhere around my mind, just need to extract it.

Ok ok ok....my honest opinion on these clubs? The driver is sweet and far as long as I can hit it perfectly. A little off center and its still forgiving although a little less distance and directionally still manageable.

The 3Hybrid Rescue is really really sweet....should have just bought a set of hybrids #4, #5, #6, #7 and give up on my irons. I really recommend this hybrid wood to anyone and I mean anyone! I can hit this baby around the 200-230 mark easily. I call this my recovery 2nd shot wood!

My major problem is the Irons, I cant hit any of these Irons from #3 to #6 consistently and keeps on rolling on the ground more often than its supposed to fly up in the air. But who am I to know? Helleow!!! I don't play often enough or even go to the driving range enough to comment let alone critique it. Anyways, the #7 to #9 is fairly consistent, real sweet to hit. Thats where my regrets diminish. It feels like a breath of fresh air. Then again, these Irons are forged @ Blade Irons, so I expect some inconsistency on my part.

Wedges. Yes....a brilliant choice! I can hit these buggers with my eyes closed! Walau eih! Daymn good stuff I tell you! the 60 degree lofted wedge does amazing things....so easy on the sand traps and such a pleasure to play anywhere around the fringe and 20 meters back. Yeap...my 3 wedges does a really good job anywhere from 110 meters and below.... Good call.

Lastly, my pretty expensive putter, the Black Milled Odyssey. I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I got this! Extremely glad, huge...enormous......gigantically pleased! Suprisingly soft touched, and extremely good feedback! I can actually caress the ball into the hole! I tell you anywhere around the 8 meters to the hole, you feel confident to get it in the hole 75-80% of the time, otherwise you're just short of the cup by a few inches. Yes I am ultimately fond of this gadget, but not way off to sleep with it.


Yeap....now if only I have the time to indulge myself in this game that I am completely lost confidence in. Yeah I do not have much time in my line of work, but then again I dont want that to be an excuse. I have my great equipment, so I think I'd better make time for it. So you'd better watch out guys! Bobawang is coming your way! FORE!!!!!!!!!

No comments: