Sunday 28 September 2008

Pot of Gold?

Is there a pot of gold being distributed for free or that its been raining money recently anywhere in Brunei that I don't know about? If there is, please do pray tell coz I might want to join the bandwagon and get some for myself too.

Sorry about that...just abit of a wise crack there but recently this past week, I have seen and heard my relatives on separate occasions being the proud owner of Porsche Cayenne S, an automobile costing in the vicinity of about a whooping $210,000 Brunei dollars. For some, its a house on 4 wheels, while others its just another car for hari raya coz they already own everything else that they have always want.

At the end of the day, its just a matter of priority, you can argue for all you like till you're blue to your face, but the fact of the matter is that there are many reasons behind each and every individual beings reasonings and argument in owning something costing this much:

1) (The Successful One) I have everything that I want, I have a house, I have a beautiful family, I have lived my life, I have done my job, I have a successful business, this is just one of the things that I have fancied to get all my life and therefore I got it to threat myself.
2) (The Live Life to the Fullest) Life is short, I may die tomorrow, I may die in a few years time, I might not be able to enjoy what I want in life. So I might as well live my life to the fullest to my abilities. Albeit my Porsche.
3) (The born rich one) I am rich, my father is rich, my grandfather was rich, my grandfather's father was rich, my cousins, my aunties, my nephews, my nieces are all rich, even my mom's side is rich, my mom's brothers and sisters are rich, even my mom's inlaw's related by marriage is rich, my cat is rich, so this is a common type of things we purchase every other week.
4) (The keeping up with the Joneses one) I can't really afford it, I have to rack the loans to get my Porsche. I had to get it because my friend Peter got a brand new Toyota Landcruiser or was it a Lexus LX570?, Paul just bought a BMW X6, Panda, my other buddy got himself a Range Rover Sports, and Jones got him a Merc ML63AMG. No I dont have a house, but I have to keep up with my friends coz it will be embarassing if I dont, we are all the same level at work.

So you see, there is no use arguing about this. For some of us, we just need to plod on, prioritize what is more important and get our butts from A to B in our jalopy in decent time.

Never stop dreaming and never loose hope coz that makes us more stronger to strive for the betterment of our lives.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

tadagra prof 20 mg is a pill utilized in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men beyond 18 years old years. The vital segment of the pill is unique tadalafil and utilizations a similar definition, yet is considered more secure to utilize. The pill is otherwise called Tadagra proficient sublingual and is accessible under the name of Tadagra prof. Tadagra Prof 20 Mg (Tadalafil 20 mg Tablets) is hand crafted to do the trick the requirements of individuals going through the dangers of erectile dysfunction (ED).