Friday 19 September 2008

Unhappy with Handy reliable Camera

Of late, I have been rather unhappy with the pictures taken using my usually handy and reliable Nokia E90 3.2MP built-in camera which previously I was happy to doddle about using it to good effect. I find that the pictures have been rather dull looking and at some point, had some sort of a misty thing about the pictures as if condensation had occurred due to rapid changes of temperature? And at times, it captured shots of a blurry nature despite my "expert trigger happy camera hands" Hehehe.

Attempts to solve the problem included cleaning the lens of the camera on the mobile phone and finally, the tweaking of the camera mode where I found the EV (Exposure Compensation) Mode to have been at a high +2.0 which I put down to a more natural looking neutral zero. Whether I have solved the issue remains to be seen after I play around with more shots taken. I have taken a few pictures after which to me looked better than before, although I have to admit I need to tweak the flash further to avoid its harshness in the pictures.
One thing for sure, even though this camera comes from a Nokia E90 mobile communicator phone, but I find the close shots especially sharp for its kind. With the help of its adequate auto focusing, its really pretty handy and shoots a respectable picture. It even picks up dust around the pictures shown! Nevertheless, I do still think I need a proper DSLR soon, and currently I'm partial to the Nikon D700, although it would be nice to have the D3. However, I have yet to figure out the eligibility of having to own the top model Nikon though.

1 comment:

Gadgetski said...

5D Back up for sale if you're interested... sans the lens & flash though. You won't need the flash anytime soon since it can go up to ISO 1600. Just a nice cheap EF 50mm f/1.8, sharp!